Green Solutions start with Green manufacturing processes. Reducing the impact our manufacturing processes have on the environment is our focus. CLI produces product via water base Flexographic and UV Ink Jet Digital. Both of these processes are the cleanest, environmentally friendly print processes for package printing and label production.
CLI’s recycling program and commitment to green manufacturing begins with the label waste (matrix and set up materials) which is loaded into reusable containers and picked up by Rohn Industries , a Twin Cities recycling transfer station. The waste material is compacted and transported to Greenwood Fuels in Green Bay Wisconsin, who processes and converts the waste in to fuel pellets. The program converts non-recyclable label substrates into sustainable fuel pellets that are purchased by coal fired power plants as an alternative energy source, significantly reducing waste-to-landfill.
WATER BASED FLEXO
- Little or no VOC‘s or hazardous waste are generated during the manufacturing process, requiring no federal or state emissions permits to operate.
- The very limited amounts of water-based ink waste generated are routinely tested and can be disposed through the normal sewer drain system without posing a pollution or heath risk.
DIGITAL UV INK JET
- Significantly Reduces set-up & raw material waste to landfills
- Non-solvent base inks
- Uses less energy to operate
- No Ink Waste
- All shop towels are recycled
- All corrugated is recycled
- All office paper is recycled
CLI RECYCLING PARTNERS
Rohn Industries St Paul MN website: www.rohnind.com Phone: 651.647.1300
Greenway Fuels Green Bay WI website: www.gwenergy.com Phone: 920.432.3200
Commerce can provide the following ECO Friendly Recycled content raw materials for label production.
- Prime label papers containing 20% or 30% post consumer waste
- White and clear prime label films; PLA, Acetate , or Cellophane
- Recycling compatible adhesives